Make a Difference – Join Your Committee!!
The Pre-School cannot legally function without a committee and we do need our community to get involved.
Committee Members are vitally important to the Pre-School to support the management of the setting. The Committee have meetings each half term to discuss some of the following:
- Fundraising events
- Assessment and Decisions about policies & working procedures
- Recruitment & appraisal of staff
- Pre-School development plans
- Purchase of new equipment
- Support with issues raised by parents
Research shows clear benefits for children when parents become actively involved in their child’s learning & development from an early age.
Volunteering for the committee helps you to become more actively and practically involved in this aspect of your child’s life and it will also make a real difference to how the setting is managed.
You can personally benefit by meeting other parents, updating existing skills and learning new ones, as well as putting something positive back into your local community. There are also long-term benefits, including the opportunity to add skills to your CV!
A lot of the work the committee does is fun – building new partnerships with other parents and professionals, coming up with new fundraising ideas, getting exciting plans off the ground – but there are some regular jobs too. Whatever your interests hopefully you’ll find a role of interest:
- Chair: Co-ordinates the work of the committee to ensure effective running of the organisation. Runs meetings, liaise with staff and authorises the work of the Treasurer.
- Secretary: Organises meetings and agendas, takes minutes and ensures committee’s administration is efficient.
- Treasurer: Keeps the records of all the group’s financial transactions and covers three main areas: financial planning, reporting and budgeting.
- Fundraising Manager: the brains behind raising vital funds for the Pre-School by organising lots of fun events throughout the year.
If being a committee member is for you, please speak to one of us, or email us at: email@example.com